Thursday, December 22, 2016

Prince

        I really dig Prince's music. He had an eclectic point of view and always laid down some funky fresh beats. It's interesting though, you can definitely tell which songs he wrote when he was sober and which ones he wrote when he was high. I'm pretty sure he was sober when he wrote songs such as Little Red Corvette and Raspberry Beret. Because, I saw a little red corvette once. And you know what? It was going much too fast. Raspberry Beret? Yup, I've seen one of those too, in a second hand store. I didn't buy it, but I did try it on. It didn't go with my outfit though. And Purple Rain...well, he was definitely fucked up when he wrote that one. If you're sober, you're thinking, "Purple Rain? What the hell is he even singing about?" But, if you're high, you're thinking, "Yes. The rain is purple. It's so...fucking purple." When Doves Cry? If you're sober, you're thinking, "I've never ever heard a dove cry, or any bird cry for that matter. And I'm sure it wouldn't sound like the music which follows the lyrics, "This is what it sounds like when doves cry."" But, when you're high, you're thinking, "...Yes. That is what it sounds like...when doves cry. I've heard it time and time again, and that is spot on." I swear if I ever hear a dove cry, and the sound of Prince's music comes out it's mouth, I will lose my shit and say, "Damn, Prince was right...or I'm just fucking stoned."

No comments:

Post a Comment