Monday, July 4, 2011

Dream Wedding

I had a dream the other night. My fiancee and I were getting married. It was the most beautiful day and the church looked like heaven. We were staring into each others eyes when all of a sudden we heard the sound of an organ playing and the voice of an angel. We looked up and there stood Sarah McLachlan and a three legged golden retriever at the organ magically playing "In the Arms of an Angel..." There's only so many things that could ruin your wedding day: bad weather, obnoxious intoxicated family members, and being left at the alter, just to name a few. But somehow this Sarah McLachlan thing takes the cake.

"What do you think you're doing Sarah McLachlan?" said I.

She held up her index finger to her lips and said, "Shh."

"What the hell?" I replied.

The priest gave me a dirty look.

"Sorry father...Look Sarah McLachlan. What do I have to do to get you to leave?"

There was only one thing I could do. By the end of the ceremony I had a new best friend: An adopted three legged golden retriever named Jedidiah who could play the piano, very well I might add. I woke up from the dream sweating prefusely and my heart was pounding out of my chest.

"Get out of my dreams Sarah McLachlan!" I shouted from the rooftops.

The television was left on. Rocky V was playing, but it went to a commercial. That 1980s Probe Chiropractic commercial came on. So, naturally I tuned in and turned it up. Then, to my bewilderment there she was, Sarah McLachlan in her ASPCA commercial. She was out of my dreams and in my bed room. What does it all mean?

- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment