Monday, September 12, 2011

A Mutual Understanding

Let’s face it kiddies, there are unwritten mutual agreements in every facet of life. Some of these agreements are universal, such as pigeons chilling in the middle of the street while some are on a personal level. As Jerry Seinfeld so eloquently put (about the human and pigeons agreement), “Of course we have a deal: They get out of the way of our cars; we look the other way on the statue defecations.” So when driving down the road with pigeons on it…I will slow down and allow them the proper amount of time to honor the agreement. If they choose to ignore the pact, then anything goes. But I’m not here to tell you that I justify massacring pigeons on the idea that there is some agreement with them. What I am here to tell you about is the epic time I had with my printer last week.

Every Monday I am responsible for submitting my company’s payroll. This task requires my printer and me to be on the best of terms because I have to print out dozens upon dozens of expense reports. We have this “mutual agreement” that the printer DOES NOT jam on Mondays. I allow the printer to act up any other day of the week without (visual or verbal) frustration; however Mondays are off limits. And my printer knows this. Last Monday morning it jammed 4 times in a row. Am I, the owner of said delinquent machine, to be blamed? Probably. I proceeded to ask myself, could I have been a better owner? Definitely.

Keep in mind, my printer is definitely seeing the light and is close to going to mechanical heaven. It has dawned on me that I have had so much lost time with my expiring (mechanical) friend, Sammy. I now have the opportunity to make her last days her best days. So since payroll didn’t getting done because my printer was refusing to cooperate (sorry fellow employees), I had plenty of time to plan out a fun-filled week with my printer. She never came out and said it but I know she never had the pleasure of an ocean breeze on a September morning. Feet in the sand. Corona at hand (very poetic, I know). Sammy had so many things she wanted to do, I feel obligated to fulfill some of those dreams....

We've talked about going to the half-pipe some day. Unfortunately, we don't have time anymore :/ Doesn't mean we can't enjoy some street skateboardin'.

We've had so many conversations in the office about football. She always wanted to play the role of Randy Moss (and I was playing as Daunte Culpepper circa 2004). 

That's good for six points.


Everyday at work I would play Stand by Me by The Beatles. Sammy was always air-guitaring during the song. I figured I would take the time to teach her how to play her favorite song.



So I took Sammy back to work this morning...She didn't even power on. At least we had a great last week.

?? - 9.12.11 Samsung 



Well, good thing we got that warranty!


-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment