Monday, January 30, 2012

Passion & Pizza

INT. BEDROOM - NIGHT

Two young adults, ROSE and HANK are sharing an intimate moment in their bed. Hank is on top warming up and Rose is fluffing her pillow. Hank is wearing a captain's hat. VIBRATING SOUND AND SOUND OF INSTRUMENTAL VERSIONS OF INXS SONGS PLAYING.

HANK
(Role playing)
This is your Captain speaking. At this time, make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Also make sure your seat belt is correctly fastened. Also, we advise you that as of this moment, any electronic equipment must be turned off. Thank you.

ROSE
Roger that.

Rose reaches under the blanket, pulls out a vibrator, turns it off and places it on the night stand.

ROSE
Just let me know when we reach full altitude. Okay honey?

Rose reaches for her cell phone on the night stand.

HANK
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Electronic equipment must be turned off. Captain's orders. Don't tell me you're going to play Angry Birds...again.

ROSE
No, no, no. I just wanted to order a pizza.

HANK
Right now? Can't you wait until we're done?

ROSE
Angelo's Pizzeria closes in five minutes. So...yes, I guess I could wait until we're done. But I mean, it shouldn't take long.

HANK
Actually, I have a second scenario for us to act out. So, it could take a while.

ROSE
No, I meant the phone call shouldn't take long.

HANK
Oh. Well, alright. But you better make it snappy.

ROSE
Okay. Thanks baby. You can continue.

Rose grabs her phone, dials the number and waits. Hank slowly thrusts.

ROSE
So what's my motivation again?

HANK
You're a dancer from France taking the red eye to New York City because there is an opening at a dance academy. You need to get there like, yesterday and the pilot is taking forever. Therefore you have to persuade him to fly faster. But, he doesn't speak French. Wink wink.

ROSE
Oh yeah...Hello I'd like to place an order for delivery.

HANK
(Whispering)
I'll thrust softly.

ROSE
(On the phone)
What kind of pizza would you recommend?...Mmm. Give me that.

HANK
(surprised & awkward)
Oh yeah? You want some more of that? Because I got it. I mean I got more of that, it, I got.

Rose covers the phone.

ROSE
No. Sorry baby. I was talking about the pizza.


HANK
(embarassed)
Oh. Right.

Hank awkwardly continues thrusting.

ROSE
(Talking on the phone)
Well, it's for two. So, the bigger the better.

Hank appreciates the innuendo, nods and gives Rose a sleazy smile.

ROSE
(Talking on the phone)
That's hot right?

HANK
I don't know. Is it hot? I'm the one working it here. So, uh, you tell me.

Rose covers up the phone.

ROSE
Hank relax, I'm talking to the guy about what kind of sausage he has. Give me a minute.

HANK
Oh I'm sorry...

Hank continues thrusting.

HANK
(Whispering)
Mmm. Now I'm getting hungry too. Add peppers to that.

ROSE
(Enthusiastic)
Oh yeah. Give me that. That's what I want....Hank I'm talking to you.

HANK
(Shocked)
Oh! Right.

Hank starts thrusting faster.

ROSE
(Talking on the phone)
Okay, so one large sausage & pepper pizza. That should be everything. Fifteen minutes?

HANK
Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent, please make sure your...Oh no! Flight attendants, prepare for landing.

ROSE
(Talking on the phone)
Fifteen minutes sounds perfect.

Rose hangs up the phone.

HANK
And I've landed.

THE CAMERA ZOOMS OUT REVEALING A MOVIE CREW AND DIRECTOR.

DIRECTOR
Cut! Good job guys. That's a wrap folks!

The crew starts clearing the set.

HANK
Well, that turned out pretty well.

ROSE
Yeah. You totally nailed it.

HANK
No, you nailed it.

ROSE
No, I'm pretty sure you nailed it.

HANK
Alright. We both nailed it...together. Say, do you want to go grab a slice of pizza.

ROSE
That would be nice.

FADE OUT:


- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment