Monday, October 3, 2011

Who's the man?

Quite recently I came to the realization that I'm not much of a man. It's hard to say, but it's true. I was driving home on my lunch break. I pulled into my apartment complex doing like 20mph. There was something hovering in the distance at eye level. I was about ten feet away when I realized that it was a dragon...fly. Yes, a dragonfly. It just kept hovering in the same spot. But I proceeded, assuming that it would move out of my way. Then I shouted or screamed, "Umm. Get out of the way!" It became clear to me that this dragonfly was:

a) Stupid and totally disregarded the rules of the road.
b) Just a lollygagger.
or
c) A practical joker.

Well, I started bobbing & weaving, like the dragonfly was going to come right through the windshield, like I was watching a 3-D movie. I believe I even swatted or karate chopped the air while trying to swerve out of the way. And then, right at the very last moment, the dragonfly flew away; laughing at me I'm sure. I felt like the biggest idiot. My face even turned red because I was embarassed. Embarassed in front of who?!?! A dragonfly? Yes. But, that's okay. I can play practical jokes too. Next time I see a dragonfly fluttering in my way, I'm going to pretend that I'm not going to hit it. Then, at the very last second, smash, right on the windshield, dead. But, I won't even use my windshield wipers. Oh no. I'll leave the dead dragonfly smashed on my windshield to set an example for all of his or her little dragonfly friends. Then I'll roll down my window, hang my head out and shout, "Who's the man now?"


- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment